1.1 “Account Balance” means the accumulated and unpaid Commission Fees due and payable to Affiliate.
1.2 “Affiliate Media” means all advertising media, including but not limited to websites, applications and newsletters, Affiliate networks' sub affiliates, their owned and brokered media registered to the Program by the Affiliate and approved by EasyPC.
1.4 “Confirmed Budget” means an estimated value of marketing spend that is agreed between EasyPC and the Affiliate on a monthly basis via email communication or otherwise as agreed in writing between the Parties.
- (a) is not a computer generated user, such as a robot, spider, computer script or other automated, artificial or fraudulent method to appear like an individual, real life person;
- (b) is not using pre-populated fields;
- (c) completes all of the information required for the Completed Purchase within the time period allowed by EasyPC, and;
- (d) is not later determined by EasyPC to be fraudulent, incomplete, unqualified or a duplicate.
1.6 “Net Completed Purchase Value” means the monthly total net value of the Completed Purchases generated through Affiliate Links placed on Affiliate Media, calculated as the total value of Completed Purchases in a calendar month excluding any discounts, shipping fees, voucher fees, and other rebates such as EasyPC Coins.
1.7 “Platform” means any platform operated by EasyPC, which includes the EasyPC website.
1.8 “Product” means any item listed or service offered on Platform for sale to Buyers.
1.9 “Prohibited Content” means any content or term that:
- a) Promotes or is related to illegal activities (illegal drugs, phishing, terrorism, criminal activities, contests, pyramid schemes, or chain letters).
- b) Promotes or is related to tobacco, gambling, or weapons.
- c) Is related to pornographic or obscene material.
- d) Is related to excessively graphic or explicit violence.
- e) Is defamatory, inappropriate, or profane.
- f) Is discriminatory or constitutes “hate speech”, whether directed at an individual or a group, and whether based upon the race, sex, creed, national origin, religious affiliation, sexual orientation, or language of such individual or group.
- g) Promotes or contains viruses, worms, corrupted files, malware, cracks, or other materials that are intended to or may damage or render inoperable software, hardware, or security measures.
1.10 “Term” has the meaning set forth in Section 7.1.
1.12 “Territory” means the territory in which the EasyPC entity that is engaging the Affiliate is domiciled.
1.13 “User” means any registered valid user of the Platform.
2. PARTICIPATION REQUIREMENTS
2.1 Registration Information. Affiliate shall provide any information requested by EasyPC and shall ensure such information is true, accurate and complete, for the purpose of registration for the Program. Any false or inaccurate information submitted to EasyPC shall be deemed as grounds for termination of this Agreement. EasyPC may accept or reject Affiliate’s application at its sole discretion and for any reason.
2.2 Limited License. If Affiliate is accepted into the Program, EasyPC grants to Affiliate for the duration of this Agreement a non-exclusive, non-transferrable and revocable right to display the Affiliate Links on its Affiliate Media at its own cost, for the sole purposes of Affiliate’s participation in the Program. Affiliate shall not, without the prior written consent of EasyPC, alter or modify or create derivative works of the Affiliate Links or any of EasyPC’s intellectual property. Except as expressly set forth in this Agreement, nothing in this Agreement is intended to grant Affiliate any rights to use any of EasyPC’s intellectual property.
2.3 Eligibility. Affiliate Media must be publically available via the information provided in Affiliate’s application to join the Program. Affiliate shall not be eligible to participate, and EasyPC may terminate Affiliate’s participation, in the Program if its Affiliate Media contains any of the Prohibited Content or other content that EasyPC deems inappropriate. Affiliate Media may include social media and websites (including, but not limited to, website/blog domain, Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter) upon approval by EasyPC (“Approved Social Media”). Approved Social Media must (i) not contain the trademarks, names or logos of EasyPC, or display misleading content, and (ii) if through Facebook, be displayed through a “fan page” only and not through a “personal page” in accordance with Facebook’s user policies.
3. COMMISSION FEE AND PAYMENT TERMS
3.1 Commission Rate. The fees payable by EasyPC to Affiliate in a given month (the “Commission Fee”) shall be calculated in accordance with the rates stated on the Platform website or as separately agreed between Affiliate and EasyPC in writing (such rate, the “Commission Rate”). If no such agreement has been made, the Commission Rate shall be 2%.
3.2 Calculation of Commission Fee. The Commission Fees for a given month shall be calculated to be (a) the Confirmed Budget; or (b) the Net Completed Purchase Value multiplied by the Commission Rate, whichever is the lower. All Commission Fees paid to, and received by, Affiliates are inclusive of all value-added taxes. EasyPC shall deduct a service fee from the Commission Fees in accordance with the rates stated on the Platform website or as separately agreed between Affiliate and EasyPC in writing.
3.3 Minimum Payout.
- (a) The Commission Fees payable to Affiliate shall be added to the Affiliate's Account Balance on a monthly basis.
- (b) EasyPC shall pay Affiliate the Account Balance monthly, provided that the Account Balance as of the date of payment meets a minimum of the equivalent in local currency of P1,000 PHP (the “Minimum Payout”).
- (c) If Affiliate's Account Balance is below the Minimum Payout in a given payment period, EasyPC reserves the right to withhold such amounts due to Affiliate until such payment period where Affiliate's Account Balance has met the Minimum Payout.
3.4 Payment. Pursuant to Section 3.3, EasyPC shall validate and approve the Commission Fees payable and shall pay Affiliate within sixty (60) days of system approval. The Commission Fees determined by EasyPC shall be deemed final. For BIR-registered Affiliates, payment shall only be made upon the issuance of a valid official receipt. For Afiiliates that are no BIR-registered, payment shall only be made upon the issuance of an acknowledgement receipt.
3.5 Taxes. Each party will pay all taxes that it owes under this Agreement. If applicable law requires EasyPC to withhold any taxes from the amounts due to Affiliate, EasyPC will withhold the required amount and provide Affiliate with a receipt or other documentation evidencing the withholding tax payment. If Affiliate is domiciled outside of the Territory, the parties agree that the services provided by Affiliate are performed wholly outside of the Territory.
3.6 Chargebacks. EasyPC shall not make commission payouts on, and reserves the right to set-off or initiate chargebacks on transactions that were previously paid out. Such transactions include but are not limited to:
- (a) transactions that do not meet the requirements to be a Completed Purchase;
- (b) fraudulent transactions identified manually or by means of a fraudulent order checking process by EasyPC;
- (c) cancelled, incomplete, returned or refunded transactions;
- (d) transactions made with the intention of reselling the purchased Products; and
- (f) transactions performed through Affiliate Links placed on Affiliate Media which contains any Prohibited Content.
4. RESPONSIBILITIES OF AFFILIATE
4.1 Business Conduct. Affiliate may not contractually bind EasyPC or make any representations on behalf of EasyPC. Affiliate will not engage in any unconscionable, false, deceptive, misleading, or fraudulent conduct. Affiliate will not advertise substances, services, products, or materials that violate applicable laws. EasyPC shall have the absolute discretion and authority to make any request for any removal of any content, material, or other media placed or displayed by the Affiliate under its performance of this Agreement and Affiliate shall act upon EasyPC's request immediately.
4.3 Prohibited Actions. Affiliate will not, and will not allow any third party to do the following:
- (a) use advertising e-mails to promote EasyPC without EasyPC's prior written consent;
- (b) use robots or other automated query tools, computer generated search requests;
- (c) fraudulent use of search engine optimization services to generate or conceal impressions, inquiries, clicks, or conversions that are fraudulent or invalid;
- (d) drive or utilize any SEM keywords and other keyword-based advertising traffic using the EasyPC brand or private labels to EasyPC's Platform (in other words, "EasyPC" and other similar words which could be misleading as EasyPC must be entered as a negative keyword) without EasyPC's prior written consent;
- (e) use any automated means or form of scraping, or other data extraction methods to access, query, collect, or use EasyPC intellectual property, including logo, key visuals, creative materials and other Confidential Information from the Platform or otherwise;
- (f) apply Affiliate Links on Affiliate Media that contains Prohibited Content, or in torrent or streaming sites;
- (g) advertise Affiliate Media through any of EasyPC's social media channels;
- (h) (where Affiliate is an affiliate network) re-brokering to another affiliate network as their sub-affiliate; or
- (i) incorporate any lottery or lucky draw in the Affiliate Media.
4.4 Cookies. The Affiliate shall warrant that it will set cookies only if the Affiliate Links are visible on Affiliate Media and the user clicks voluntarily and consciously. The use of layers, add-ons, iFrames, pop-up, pop-under, site-under, advertisements which automatically redirect the user to the Platform without the user's engagement or action (e.g. click, touch), cookie dropping, postview technology, misleading advertisements that result in misleading clicks, shall not be permitted and are strictly prohibited. Advertisements that result in forced installations (which includes initiating downloads/redirects without a user's permission) of the EasyPC application are strictly prohibited.
5. RESPONSIBILITIES AND RIGHTS OF EASYPC
5.1 Platform. EasyPC will operate and maintain the Platform. No changes relating to the features or functionalities of the Platform will affect the validity and enforceability of this Agreement.
- a) request that the Affiliate Links and/or Affiliate Media be removed or taken down immediately;
- b) require Affiliate to cure its violation, non-compliance, or breach within a specified period of time;
- c) for each violation, impose a fine or Chargeback on Affiliate as liquidated damage, which fine or Chargeback will not relieve Affiliate from its liabilities if EasyPC's losses exceed such amount; or
- d) terminate this Agreement.
6. CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION
6.1 “Confidential Information” means all information that is confidential in nature including, but not limited to: (a) any proprietary information of a party to this Agreement disclosed by one party to the other that is in written, graphic, machine readable, or other tangible form and is marked “Confidential” or “Proprietary” or in some other manner to indicate its confidential nature; (b) the EasyPC materials and all other non-public marketing or technical information, even if not marked as confidential; and (c) all information collected or developed by EasyPC regarding its Users. Confidential Information also includes oral disclosures if that information would reasonably be understood to be confidential from the context of disclosure.
6.2 Exceptions. Confidential Information will not include any information that: (a) was publicly known and made generally available before the time of disclosure by the disclosing party; (b) becomes publicly known and made generally available after disclosure by the disclosing party to the receiving party through no action or inaction of the receiving party; (c) is already in the lawful possession of the receiving party at the time of disclosure; (d) is obtained by the receiving party from a third party without a breach of that third party's obligations of confidentiality; (e) is independently developed by the receiving party without use of or reference to the disclosing party's Confidential Information; or (f) is disclosed by the receiving party pursuant to the disclosing party's prior written approval.
6.3 Non-Use and Non-Disclosure. Each party will: (a) treat as confidential all Confidential Information of the other party; (b) not disclose that Confidential Information to any third party, except on a “need to know” basis to third parties that have signed a non-disclosure agreement containing provisions substantially as protective as the terms of this Section and such party has obtained the written consent to that disclosure from the party that provided the Confidential Information; and (c) not use that Confidential Information except in connection with performing its obligations or exercising its rights under this Agreement. Each party is permitted to disclose the other party’s Confidential Information if required by law so long as the other party is given prompt written notice of that requirement before disclosure and assistance in obtaining an order protecting that information from public disclosure.
7. TERM AND TERMINATION
7.1 Term. This Agreement takes effect on the date that EasyPC approves Affiliate's application to join the Affiliate Program and continues to be in effect until terminated in accordance with Section 7.2 or 7.3 (the “Term”).
7.2 Termination by EasyPC. EasyPC may unilaterally terminate this Agreement at its sole discretion and for any reason which EasyPC deems appropriate with seven (7) days' prior notice and disabling the Affiliate Links. EasyPC may terminate this Agreement immediately and without any prior notice if Affiliate breaches its obligations under this Agreement.
7.3 Termination for Cause. This Agreement will terminate immediately upon:
- (a) either party's dissolution or ceasing to do business, or the institution by or against either party of insolvency, receivership, or bankruptcy proceedings or any other proceedings for the settlement of either party's debts; or
- (b) the occurrence of an event of Force Majeure (as defined in Section 11.4) that continues for more than 30 days.
7.4 Effect of Termination. Upon termination of this Agreement for any reason, Affiliate shall immediately cease all use of EasyPC's Affiliate Links, and will cease representing itself as a EasyPC Affiliate.
7.5 Termination due to Affiliate's breach. If this Agreement is terminated due to Affiliate's breach of its obligations in accordance with Sections 5.2 and 7.3, all amounts payable to Affiliate by EasyPC may be forfeited as liquidated damages without prejudice to EasyPC's recourse for other rights or remedies available under applicable laws.
7.6 Survival. The following provisions will survive the termination or expiration of this Agreement: Sections 1, 3, 6, 7, 9, 10, 11 and any other provisions that, by their nature, are intended to survive. All liabilities that accrued before the termination or expiration will survive the termination or expiration of this Agreement.
8. REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES
8.1 Mutual Representations and Warranties. Each party represents and warrants that: (a) it is duly organized, validly existing, and in good standing in the jurisdiction it is formed; (b) its execution and delivery of this Agreement has been duly and validly authorized; (c) this Agreement constitutes a valid, binding, and enforceable obligation upon its execution; and (d) it will comply with all applicable laws in performing under this Agreement.
8.2 Representations and Warranties by Affiliate. Affiliate represents and warrants that
- (a) the execution, delivery, and performance of this Agreement will not be in conflict with or constitute a default under the terms of any agreement, instrument, judgment, decree, or any order, statute, rule, or governmental regulation applicable to Affiliate;
- (b) all information provided by Affiliate to EasyPC is complete, true, accurate and current, and that Affiliate has the right to conduct its business, including offering its products or services;
- (c) no Affiliate Media contains (i) any information that violates or encourages violation of any applicable law; (ii) fraudulent or deceptive information or incentives; (iii) virus, malware, spyware, Trojan, phishing, or other malicious code that could breach or circumvent any Platform security measure; (iv) information marketing or promoting fake or counterfeit goods or illegal businesses (including apps or software that contain hidden charges); (v) any material that infringes any rights of any third party; or (vi) material that may be harmful, abusive, pornographic or obscene, threatening, or defamatory.
9.1 Indemnification by Affiliate. Affiliate will indemnify, defend, and hold harmless EasyPC and its affiliates and their directors, officers, and employees from and against all claims, actions, losses, damages, liabilities, costs, and expenses, including attorneys' fees and other legal expenses, arising directly or indirectly from or in connection with: (a) any breach by Affiliate of this Agreement; (b) any failure of Affiliate to perform its obligations under this Agreement in compliance with all applicable laws; (c) any violation of any rights of any third party related to Affiliate Media; or (d) Affiliate's fraud, negligence or willful misconduct.
9.2 Procedure. EasyPC will promptly notify Affiliate of any claim that is subject to Section 9.1, and will permit Affiliate to assume and control the defense of that claim. EasyPC will, however, have the right to employ separate counsel and participate in the defense of claims at the Affiliate’s sole cost. Affiliate will have the sole authority to defend, compromise, settle, or otherwise dispose of a claim, but it will not agree to any disposition or settlement of a claim that admits liability or imposes duties of performance or payment on EasyPC without EasyPC’s prior written consent. If the parties agree to settle a claim, Affiliate will not publicize the settlement without first obtaining EasyPC’s written permission.
10. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
10.1 Disclaimer of Warranties. ALL EASYPC MATERIALS AND AFFILIATE LINKS ARE PROVIDED “AS IS.” AFFILIATE ACKNOWLEDGES AND AGREES THAT EASYPC WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY ARISING FROM A FAILURE OF ANY SECURITY TECHNOLOGY OR PROCEDURE. EASYPC DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE EASYPC MATERIALS OR AFFILIATE LINKS provided WILL BE AVAILABLE, ACCESSIBLE, UNINTERRUPTED, SECURE, ACCURATE, COMPLETE OR ERROR-FREE, THAT DEFECTS, IF ANY, WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THE SERVER THAT MAKES THE SAME AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES, CLOCKS, TIMERS, COUNTERS, WORMS, SOFTWARE LOCKS, DROP DEAD DEVICES, TROJAN-HORSES, ROUTINGS, TRAP DOORS, TIME BOMBS OR ANY OTHER HARMFUL CODES, INSTRUCTIONS, PROGRAMS OR COMPONENTS.
10.2 Disclaimer of Consequential Damages. EASYPC WILL NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, BE LIABLE TO AFFILIATE FOR CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THE TRANSACTION CONTEMPLATED UNDER THIS AGREEMENT, INCLUDING LOST PROFITS OR LOSS OF BUSINESS.
10.3 Cap on Liability. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL EASYPC'S TOTAL LIABILITY OF ALL KINDS ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THIS AGREEMENT (INCLUDING WARRANTY CLAIMS), REGARDLESS OF THE FORUM AND REGARDLESS OF WHETHER ANY ACTION OR CLAIM IS BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT, OR OTHERWISE, EXCEED THE TOTAL AMOUNT PAID OR PAYABLE BY EASYPC TO AFFILIATE UNDER THIS AGREEMENT FOR THE 6-MONTH PERIOD PRECEDING THAT CLAIM.
10.4 Independent Allocations of Risk. EACH PROVISION OF THIS AGREEMENT THAT PROVIDES FOR A LIMITATION OF LIABILITY OR EXCLUSION OF DAMAGES IS TO ALLOCATE THE RISKS OF THIS AGREEMENT BETWEEN THE PARTIES. THIS ALLOCATION IS AN ESSENTIAL ELEMENT OF THE BASIS OF THE BARGAIN BETWEEN THE PARTIES. EACH OF THESE PROVISIONS IS SEVERABLE AND INDEPENDENT OF ALL OTHER PROVISIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT, AND EACH OF THESE PROVISIONS WILL APPLY EVEN IF THESE PROVISIONS FAIL THEIR ESSENTIAL PURPOSE.
11.1 Subcontractors. EasyPC may exercise its rights under this Agreement via its affiliates and subcontractors. EasyPC will be responsible for the compliance of those affiliates and subcontractors with the terms of this Agreement.
11.2 Independent Contractor. This Agreement will not be construed as creating a partnership, joint venture, or agency relationship or as granting a franchise. The parties are independent contractors in the performance of this Agreement. Neither party is authorized to bind the other party to any liability or obligation or to represent that it has any authority to do so.
11.3 Press Release. Except as expressly set forth in this Agreement or as required by the laws of any jurisdiction, neither party will make any public announcement or press release regarding the cooperation contemplated by this Agreement without the prior consent of the other party. Any party required by law to make a public announcement regarding any matter related to the cooperation contemplated by this Agreement will solicit from and consider in good faith the other party’s feedback on the content of that public announcement.
11.4 Force Majeure. Neither party will be liable to the other party for any failure or delay in fulfilling an obligation (other than the financial obligations) under this Agreement if that failure or delay is attributable to circumstances beyond its control, including any fire, power failure, labor dispute, war, civil dispute, or government action (including any new law or regulation) or inaction (“Force Majeure”). The deadline for fulfilling the obligation in question will be extended for a period equal to that of the continuance of the Force Majeure event.
11.5 Governing Law and Resolution of Disputes. This Agreement shall be governed by and construed under the laws of the Philippines. In the event of any dispute, controversy, claim or difference of any kind whatsoever arising between the parties in connection with this Agreement, including the breach, termination or validity of this Agreement, or in connection with the determination of any matters which are subject to objective determination pursuant to this Agreement (“Dispute”), which Dispute has been subject of a written notice by one party to the other (“Dispute Notice”), the parties shall attempt, for a period of thirty (30) days after the receipt by one (1) party of a Dispute Notice from the other party of the existence of a Dispute, to settle such Dispute in the first instance by mutual discussions between the senior management of each of the parties. If the Dispute cannot be settled by mutual discussions within the thirty (30) day period, it shall be referred to and finally resolved by arbitration administered by the Department of Trade and Industry of the Philippines.
11.6 Notices. All notices under the terms of this Agreement will be deemed given as of the day they are received either by overnight courier, email, postage prepaid certified or registered mail, or facsimile, and addressed either to EasyPC or Affiliate at their respective addresses.
11.7 Assignment. Affiliate may not voluntarily, involuntarily, or by operation of law assign any of its rights or delegate any of its obligations under this Agreement (in whole or in part), including by direct or indirect change of control, merger (whether or not Affiliate is the surviving entity), or operation of law, without EasyPC’s prior written consent, which EasyPC may withhold in its sole and absolute discretion. Any direct or indirect change of control of equity ownership or management or control of Affiliate, whether or not Affiliate survives as an entity, will be deemed an assignment and delegation of this Agreement that requires EasyPC’s prior written consent. An assignment by Affiliate will not relieve Affiliate of its obligations under this Agreement unless EasyPC expressly states otherwise in its written consent. EasyPC will not release Affiliate of its liability under this Agreement unless EasyPC expressly states otherwise in its written consent. EasyPC may voluntarily, involuntarily, or by operation of law assign any of its rights or delegate any of its obligations under this Agreement (in whole or in part) without Affiliate’s consent. Any purported assignment or delegation in violation of this Section 11.7 will be null and void. Subject to this Section 11.7, this Agreement will bind and inure to the benefit of each party’s respective permitted successors and permitted assigns.
11.8 Waiver. Any waiver of the provisions of this Agreement or of a party’s rights or remedies under this Agreement must be in writing provided in accordance with Section 11.6 to be effective. Failure, neglect, or delay by a party to enforce the provisions of this Agreement or its rights or remedies at any time will not be construed as a waiver of the party’s rights under this Agreement and will not in any way affect the validity of the whole or any part of this Agreement or prejudice the party’s right to take subsequent action. Exercise or enforcement by either party of any right or remedy under this Agreement will not preclude the enforcement by the party of any other right or remedy under this Agreement or that the party is entitled by law to enforce.
11.9 Severability. If any term, condition, or provision in this Agreement is found to be invalid, unlawful, or unenforceable to any extent, the parties will endeavor in good faith to agree to amendments that will preserve, as far as possible, the intentions expressed in this Agreement. If the parties fail to agree on an amendment, the invalid term, condition, or provision will be severed from the remaining terms, conditions, and provisions of this Agreement, which will continue to be valid and enforceable to the fullest extent permitted by law.
11.10 Remedies Cumulative. No single or partial exercise of any right or remedy will preclude any other or further exercise of any other right or remedy. Rights and remedies provided in this Agreement are cumulative and not exclusive of any right or remedy provided at law or in equity.
11.11 Confidentiality of Agreement. Affiliate will not disclose any terms of this Agreement to any third party without EasyPC's prior written consent, except as required by applicable law.
11.12 Counterparts. This Agreement may be executed in counterparts, each of which will be deemed to be an original and together will constitute one and the same agreement.
11.13 Language. If this Agreement is executed in more than one language, then only the English version is binding on the parties.
11.14 Headings. Headings are used in this Agreement for reference only and will not be considered when interpreting this Agreement.
11.15 Integration. These Terms and Conditions constitute the entire agreement of the parties with respect to the subject matter of this Agreement and supersede all previous communications, representations, understandings, and agreements, either oral or written, between the parties with respect to that subject matter. No terms, provisions, or conditions of any purchase order, acknowledgement, or other business form that either party may use in connection with the transactions contemplated by this Agreement will have any effect on the rights, duties, or obligations of the parties under, or otherwise modify, this Agreement, regardless of any failure of a receiving party to object to these terms, provisions, or conditions.